In this guide, we will explore how to move icons on iOS 10. Moving icons allows you to customize your homescreen, making it easier to access your favorite apps or arranging them in a logical manner. With a few simple steps, you can rearrange icons to suit your needs and preferences. Let’s get started!
Moving Icons on the Home Screen
Moving icons on the home screen is a straightforward process. Here’s how to do it:
- Touch and hold the icon you want to move until it starts to wiggle.
- Drag the icon to its new location on the screen.
- Release the icon to drop it into place.
It’s that simple! However, there are a few things to keep in mind when moving icons around.
Moving Icons Between Screens
If you want to move an icon to a different screen, you will need to drag it to the edge of the screen until the next page appears. Then, you can drop the icon into place.
Moving Multiple Icons
If you want to move multiple icons at once, you can do so by following these steps:
- Touch and hold one of the icons you want to move until it starts to wiggle.
- While still holding the first icon, use another finger to touch and hold any additional icons you want to move.
- Drag all of the icons to their new location on the screen.
- Release the icons to drop them into place.
Moving Icons to the Dock
The dock is the row of icons that appears at the bottom of the home screen. If you want to move an icon to the dock, you will need to follow these steps:
- Drag the icon to the bottom of the screen until the dock appears.
- Drop the icon into the dock.
Rearranging Icons Automatically
If you want to rearrange your icons automatically, you can do so by following these steps:
- Go to Settings > General > Accessibility > Touch > AssistiveTouch.
- Turn on AssistiveTouch.
- Tap Customize Top Level Menu.
- Tap the “+” button.
- Choose the “Home Screen” option.
- Drag the “Move” icon to the top of the list.
- Tap “Done.”
Now, when you tap the AssistiveTouch button and choose the “Home Screen” option, you will be able to rearrange your icons by tapping and dragging them.
Another way to organize your apps on the home screen is to create folders. Folders allow you to group similar apps together and reduce clutter on your home screen. To create a folder, follow these steps:
- Touch and hold an app icon until it starts to wiggle.
- Drag the app icon on top of another app icon that you want to include in the folder.
- Release the app icon to create the folder.
- Tap the folder to open it.
- Tap and hold an app icon in the folder until it starts to wiggle.
- Drag the app icon to a new location in the folder.
- Release the app icon to drop it into place.
You can also rename the folder by tapping on the name at the top and typing in a new name.
The process of moving icons on the home screen of an iOS 10 device is simple and straightforward – touch and hold the icon until it starts to wiggle, then drag it to its new location and release it. When moving icons between screens, drag the icon to the edge until the next page appears. To move multiple icons or move icons to the dock, follow specific steps. Creating folders is another way to organize apps on the home screen, and some tips to manage app organization effectively include grouping apps by category, keeping most-used apps on the first page, using folders, hiding pages, and using the App Library in iOS 14 or later.
Tips for Organizing Your Home Screen
Here are some tips to help you organize your home screen more effectively:
- Group apps by category: Instead of organizing your apps alphabetically, try grouping them by category, such as social media, productivity, or entertainment.
- Put your most-used apps on the first page: Put the apps you use most frequently on the first page of your home screen so that you can access them quickly.
- Use folders to reduce clutter: Use folders to group similar apps together and reduce clutter on your home screen.
- Hide pages you don’t use often: If you have pages of apps that you don’t use often, consider hiding them to reduce clutter on your home screen.
- Consider using the App Library: If you’re using iOS 14 or later, consider using the App Library to automatically organize your apps into categories.
FAQs for How to Move Icons on iOS 10:
How do I move icons on my iOS 10 device?
To move icons on your iOS 10 device, press and hold the icon you wish to move until it begins to shake. Once the icon is shaking, drag it to the desired location on your home screen. You can also move icons to other pages by dragging them to the edge of the screen.
Can I move multiple icons at once?
Yes, you can move multiple icons at once on iOS 10. First, press and hold one icon until it begins to shake. Next, drag the icon to a nearby icon you wish to move. This will create a folder. While the folder is open, drag the additional icons you wish to move onto the new folder.
How do I delete icons from my home screen?
To delete an icon from your home screen, press and hold the icon until it begins to shake. Tap the ‘x’ in the corner of the icon, then select ‘Delete’ to remove the app from your device.
Can I place an icon in the dock on my iOS 10 device?
Yes, to place an icon in the dock on your iOS 10 device, press and hold an icon until it begins to shake. Drag the icon to the dock at the bottom of your screen. The dock can hold up to four icons, which will remain visible on your home screen regardless of which page you are on.
How do I reset my home screen layout on iOS 10?
To reset your home screen layout on iOS 10, navigate to ‘Settings’ > ‘General’ > ‘Reset’ > ‘Reset Home Screen Layout’. This will move all app icons on your home screen back to their default positions and remove any folders or customized layouts.