If you have an iPhone that gets stuck in recovery mode due to an iOS 11 update or any other reason, it can be frustrating. Recovery mode is a state in which your iPhone connects to iTunes, and you can restore or update your device. However, if your iPhone gets stuck in recovery mode, you cannot use it until you get it out of recovery mode. In this article, we will discuss various methods that you can use to get your iPhone out of recovery mode iOS 11.
In this guide, we will discuss the steps on how to get an iPhone out of recovery mode in iOS 11. Recovery mode is a state where the iPhone is stuck in a loop and cannot operate normally. This can happen when the software is updated, restored, or due to other issues. The following steps will help you to exit recovery mode on your iPhone and get it back to normal functioning.
Enter/Exit Recovery Mode
Before discussing the methods to get out of recovery mode, let’s quickly go over how to enter and exit recovery mode on an iPhone:
How to Enter Recovery Mode on iPhone
- Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Press and hold the power button and home button simultaneously.
- Release the power button after the Apple logo appears, but keep holding the home button until the iTunes logo appears on your iPhone screen.
How to Exit Recovery Mode on iPhone
- Press and hold the power button and home button simultaneously until the screen goes black.
- Release both buttons and press the power button to turn on your iPhone.
Method 1: Using iTunes
The first method to get your iPhone out of recovery mode is by using iTunes. It is the most common method that works for most users. Let’s see how to use iTunes to get your iPhone out of recovery mode:
- Launch iTunes on your computer.
- If your iPhone is detected in recovery mode, click on “Restore” to restore your iPhone to its previous state. If your iPhone is not detected in recovery mode, click on “Update” to update your iPhone to its latest version.
- Wait for the process to complete.
One key takeaway from this text is that if your iPhone gets stuck in recovery mode, you can try different methods to fix it, such as using iTunes, third-party iOS system recovery software, or DFU mode. It is crucial to know how to enter and exit recovery mode on your iPhone, and then follow the instructions carefully to get your device out of recovery mode successfully.
Method 2: Using iOS System Recovery Software
If method 1 does not work for you, another method that you can use to get your iPhone out of recovery mode is by using third-party iOS system recovery software. It is a reliable and efficient way to fix iOS issues. One such software is Tenorshare ReiBoot. Here’s how to use it:
- Download and install Tenorshare ReiBoot on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Launch Tenorshare ReiBoot and click on “Exit Recovery Mode.”
One of the key takeaways from this text is that there are multiple methods that you can use to get your iPhone out of recovery mode if it gets stuck, including using iTunes, third-party iOS system recovery software, and DFU mode. It is important to follow the steps carefully and to try each method until the issue is resolved.
Method 3: Using DFU Mode
If method 1 and 2 do not work for you, the final method that you can use to get your iPhone out of recovery mode is by using DFU mode. DFU (Device Firmware Update) mode is a state in which your iPhone can communicate with iTunes without activating the bootloader or iOS. Here’s how to use it:
- Press and hold the power button and home button simultaneously for 10 seconds.
- Release the power button but keep holding the home button for another 10 seconds.
- Release the home button and wait for iTunes to detect your iPhone in DFU mode.
- Click on “Restore” to restore your iPhone to its previous state.
FAQs – How to Get iPhone Out of Recovery Mode IOS 11
What is Recovery Mode in iPhone?
Recovery mode in iPhone is a state where the device’s operating system tries to restore or update the iOS through iTunes. This mode helps to troubleshoot various problems like software update errors, corrupted files, or when the phone gets stuck at the startup screen.
How to Get iPhone out of Recovery Mode IOS 11?
To get iPhone out of recovery mode IOS 11, follow these steps:
- Connect the iPhone to the computer and launch iTunes
- Press and hold the Home and Power buttons simultaneously for at least ten seconds
- Release the Power button, but keep holding the Home button until iTunes detects the iPhone in recovery mode
- Follow the prompt on the screen and press the ‘Restore’ button to reinstall iOS and start afresh
What to Do When iPhone won’t Exit Recovery Mode?
If the iPhone won’t exit recovery mode, you can try the following:
- Force restart the iPhone by pressing the ‘Home’ and ‘Power’ buttons until the Apple logo appears
- Update the iTunes to the latest version and try to restore the iPhone again
- Try restoring the iPhone on another computer or a different USB port
- Use a third-party app like ‘ReiBoot’ or ‘Tenorshare’ that specialize in fixing iOS issues
- Contact the Apple Support team or seek assistance from an authorized repair center
Will I Lose Data When Exiting Recovery Mode?
Yes, when you exit recovery mode and restore the iPhone, all the data, settings, and apps stored on the device will be lost. Therefore, make sure to take a backup of your iPhone data before trying to exit recovery mode. Use the ‘iTunes’ or ‘iCloud’ backup feature to save all your important files and settings.
Why is My iPhone Stuck in Recovery Mode?
There can be several reasons why your iPhone is stuck in recovery mode, including:
- Corrupted or damaged iOS files
- Update error during iOS installation
- Hardware issues like faulty battery or damaged charging port
- Jailbreaking or unauthorized software installation
- Incompatible iOS version on iPhone or iTunes
- Virus or malware attack on the iPhone
If your iPhone gets stuck in recovery mode frequently, it’s best to get it checked by an expert to ensure it’s not affecting the device’s overall performance and security.