In this tutorial, we will be discussing how to change the home screen on iOS 16. With this new update, Apple has introduced new customization options that allow users to add and remove widgets, change the appearance of app icons, and personalize their home screen to their liking. Follow these simple steps to make your iOS 16 home screen your own.
Understanding the Home Screen on iOS 16
Before we dive into how to change the home screen on iOS 16, let’s first understand what the home screen is. The home screen on iOS 16 is the first screen that appears when you unlock your device. It displays a grid of icons that are used to launch apps, access features, and settings. The home screen is customizable and allows you to organize your apps, create folders, and add widgets.
Customizing App Icons on the Home Screen
One of the ways to customize your home screen is by changing the app icons. iOS 16 allows you to customize your app icons by creating custom icons or using third-party apps that offer icon customization. To change the app icon, you need to follow these steps:
- Long-press on the app icon you want to change until it starts to wiggle.
- Tap on the “Edit” button that appears on the top left corner of the app icon.
- Select “Choose Photo” or “Choose File” option to select a custom image from your device.
- Once you have selected the image, tap on “Add” to create a new app icon.
Creating Folders on the Home Screen
Creating folders on the home screen is another way to customize and organize your apps. Folders can be used to group similar apps together, such as social media apps or productivity apps. To create a folder on the home screen, follow these steps:
- Long-press on an app icon until it starts to wiggle.
- Drag the app icon on top of another app icon that you want to group together.
- Repeat step 2 to add more apps to the folder.
- Once you have added all the apps to the folder, tap on the “Done” button on the top right corner to save the changes.
Adding Widgets to the Home Screen
Widgets are small apps that can be added to the home screen to display real-time information, such as weather, news, or stock prices. iOS 16 offers a wide range of widgets that can be added to the home screen. To add a widget to the home screen, follow these steps:
- Long-press on an empty space on the home screen until the apps start to wiggle.
- Tap on the “+” icon on the top left corner of the screen.
- Select the widget you want to add from the list of available widgets.
- Drag and drop the widget to the desired location on the home screen.
Changing the Wallpaper on iOS 16
Changing the wallpaper on iOS 16 is another way to customize the home screen. The wallpaper is the background image that appears behind the icons on the home screen. iOS 16 offers a variety of built-in wallpapers, or you can use your own photos as wallpaper. To change the wallpaper on iOS 16, follow these steps:
- Go to “Settings” on your device.
- Select “Wallpaper” from the list of options.
- Choose either “Choose a New Wallpaper” or “Photos” depending on whether you want to select a built-in wallpaper or use your own photo.
- Select the wallpaper or photo you want to use as wallpaper.
- Adjust the wallpaper to fit the screen if necessary.
- Tap on “Set” to apply the wallpaper to the home screen.
Changing the Wallpaper on iOS 16
You can also choose to set a different wallpaper for the lock screen by selecting the “Set Lock Screen” option.
Using App Library
App Library is a feature introduced in iOS 14 that automatically organizes your apps into categories and displays them in a separate screen. This feature allows you to hide some of the apps from the home screen and access them from the App Library instead. To use App Library, follow these steps:
- Swipe left on the home screen until you reach the last screen.
- You will see the App Library screen with all your apps organized into categories.
- Tap on the search bar at the top to search for a specific app.
- Tap on the app icon to launch the app.
You can also remove apps from the home screen by long-pressing on the app icon and selecting “Remove from Home Screen” option.
FAQs – How to Change Home Screen iOS 16
What is the Home Screen in iOS 16?
The Home Screen in iOS 16 is the main screen of your iPhone where you can access all your apps and settings. It is also the place where you can add, delete, and rearrange apps to suit your preferences.
How can I change the Home Screen layout in iOS 16?
To change the Home Screen layout in iOS 16, you can use the new App Library feature. This feature automatically organizes your apps into categories and provides a searchable list of all your apps. You can also customize your Home Screen by creating custom app icons and choosing from a range of widgets to display useful information at a glance.
How do I move an app on my Home Screen in iOS 16?
To move an app on your Home Screen in iOS 16, press and hold the app icon until it enters edit mode. Once in edit mode, you can drag and drop the app icon to a new location. You can also create new app folders by dragging one app icon on top of another app icon.
Can I add custom app icons to my Home Screen in iOS 16?
Yes, in iOS 16 you can add custom app icons to your Home Screen. To do this, you’ll need to use the Shortcuts app and create a new shortcut for each app icon you want to use. You can then add these shortcuts to your Home Screen just like you would with any other app.
How can I customize the widgets on my Home Screen in iOS 16?
To customize the widgets on your Home Screen in iOS 16, you can use the new Widget Gallery. This Gallery provides a range of widgets in different sizes and styles, including weather, news, reminders, and more. You can also create your own custom widgets using the WidgetKit framework.